Sunday, June 26, 2016

After thoughts

So I am safe back home again and wanted to write a few after thoughts.
This was my 2nd Camino and a few things were different.
1)  Last year I walked with my son which was THE best treat a parent can wish for. This year I walked alone so it took a bit getting used to but turned out to be a special time again. Just in different ways.
2) Last year my legs and feet were HURTING the first week. This year it was to my surprise way better. Maybe the fact that I kept walking throughout the year paid off.
3) walking the trail for a second time enables you to enjoy the scenery better due to the fact I wasn't in such a rush then last year.
4) my "happy daily distance" is about 20 km, after that it becomes 'work'  :)
5) once again no blisters or knee problems.  My system of preventative taping my heals and toes with Leukotape P and wearing double Chopad knee straps seemed to work again.
6) YES I will walk a  Camino again in the future. It's good for your body and soul! So why not ?!?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment