Thursday, June 16, 2016

Walking day 5

Today was great . This was our first walking day last year . Pamplona to Puente la reina . 25 km with a mountain to cross in the middle . The weather held up. Dry all day and 65 degrees . Perfect ! Due to the fact that I knew what was coming , it seemed easier . People around me didn't agree ha ha . Yesterday I fell (which is not unusual for me 😊) and bruised a rib , but thankfully it doesn't seem too bad or holding me back . Legs and feet are great . My Plantar F is bothering me now and then but it's very doable . I've discovered that I started my favorite part of the Camino . I just love the grain fields and vineyards to come tomorrow . The Pyrenees were certainly epic but still . Today was also the first day  I felt safe to walk alone ( still other people in sight ). The last 4 days I had to, and enjoyed it, join other walkers simply for safety . It was too deserted . Now it's nice again . However less busy then last year . I'm sitting in a typical Spanish bar now and may have an early dinner and then put my feet up early 😀.  Here today's video http://youtu.be/ZVz260TD4yc
The start of the climb to Alte de Perdon in the back ground .
Path leading to the top .
I made it :) 
Going down is tricky . Big rocks on a steep path down . This hurts after 1 hour lol 
And down again ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment