Saturday, June 11, 2016

Travel day 2

After 11 hours of sleep I feel refreshed again ! I am enjoying a nice hearty breakfast now .
In 2 hrs my bus to France will leave . I'm very excited there the next 4 days will be new for me . Last year I was not brave enough to do thePyrenees but now I am ! We will see how it goes ! Oh yesterday I got my first 'buen  Camino ' ( the way people greet Pilgrims here ) I felt like I didn't deserve it yet :) that being said, I did end up walking almost 10 miles yesterday... So maybe it was deserved a bit :)  It is still weird not having Tommy with me . I keep expecting him ha ha . I'm sure it will change once I arrive in France today ......                                                                                      And..... I arrived in Saint Jean Pied de Port ,France . A scenic old town at the foot of the Pyrenees . I checked into my  hotel and went out exploring a bit . Took some video's of places that I recognized from the movie 'The Way' .
I also picked up my Pilgrims passport ( you collect a stamp at each town along the way as proof you walked it ) and got my first stamp !!!!!
 On the bus ride that goes around the highest peaks I got a good look of what awaits tomorrow ..... OMG .... It's high !!!!! Lol . No turning back now ha ha . I bought water and snacks for tomorrow because there will be no cute towns/restaurants the entire day ! Now the best news I got today is that the weather is supposed to be good !!! This is HUGE !!! It's the one day I need good weather . After tomorrow it will rain . Also another great little hotel and some food for energy :)
In the far distance part of tomorrow's mountains !!!

1 comment: